Dear Life (part 2)

Dallas, Texas, USA
August 26, 2013
7:37 p.m.

Dear Life,

Thank you for anticipation and the waiting with bated breath. It means adventure is coming.

Thank you for unexpected gifts that shock me with the generosity of others. Thank you for the ability to receive with gratitude from people who love me and mine.

Thank you for the sounds of the Dallas street that waft up to my window and seep into the cracks of the old frame. It's a reminder that we are alive and the world is vibrating with energy and motorcycle engines.


Thank you for the comfort and intimacy of old friendships and the excitement and surprise of new ones.

Thank you even for the stab of a needle from the travel clinic, because it means we're getting closer to our next adventures.

Thank you for dreams and creativity and wonder. They make my life colorful and exciting and the possibilities endless. There is such freedom in it. I love that my creator made my heart a dreamer.

Thank you for the joy of watching some of my best friends become parents, and dozing on their couch at 2 a.m. while their baby boy slept in my arms. Thank you for the innocence of their little hands and feet and for the reminder that, at some point in my life, I trusted that I was safe and secure in someone else's arms. I didn't worry or fret. Things change as we get older, but I pray I don't lose all my innocence.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face every day. You're not always perfect, but you're always what I need.

Love always,

Michelle

____________________________________________________
This is my second Dear Life post, part of a series on one of my favorite blogs, So Many Places. Click the link to read many other Dear Life entries from Kim's readers all over the world in which we thank life for its many blessings. To read my first post, click here.

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Popular Posts